We Buy Houses In Clayton, Missouri. Selling your property is something you’ll have to do maybe just a few times in your life. And unless you know a local Clayton, MO real estate agent who will sell your home for free or a hugely discounted commission, it can be a real pain in the rear and an expensive process for you as well.
So you landed on this page about “How To Sell Your House By Yourself In Clayton, MO” because of a few reasons I’m guessing…
- You have no or very little equity in your property so you can’t afford to pay a real estate agents commissions
- You have equity but want to try to save money selling the real estate yourself before you resort to hiring an agent
- You’re in foreclosure (or heading that way) and just need to sell fast without incurring thousands in agent commissions
- You can’t wait the months and months it sometimes takes to sell a home in the Clayton, MO area in this market so you want to try to sell it more quickly
Whatever one you land in, there are ways to sell your property yourself here in the local Clayton, MO real estate market and potentially get cash for houses in Clayton right away.
Since 2013, the housing sector has been experiencing a major recovery. Selling your real estate at this time will definitely be profitable if you do it right. In most cases, it is about using smart marketing strategies and being realistic about your expectations of what you want to achieve with this sale. As professional homebuyers in Missouri, we have put together some important guidelines to help you sell your Clayton, MO area house yourself in this article.
How To Sell Your House By Yourself In Clayton, MO – Let’s Dive In
Know The Clayton Real Estate Market Well
The first and most important step is doing market research on your neighborhood in the Clayton, MO area. This step involves visiting various home marketing sites (Zillow, Eppraisal the Chase home value estimator, etc), calling a real estate agent or two to see what your home is worth, or reading about the various market pricing techniques. Proper homework on these issues will allow you to come up with the right price for your house and also helps you to avoid making certain selling mistakes.
If you don’t want to hassle with trying to come up with a home value yourself, give us a call at (314) 334-1481 Or Text Us! and we’ll give you an honest fair valuation of what your home is worth on the retail market (if you’re going to wait the 3-6+ months to find the perfect retail buyer). And if you want to, we’ll make you a fair all-cash offer on your property to give you that option of selling quickly (we can close in as little as 7 days if you want to).
Assess The Market In Clayton, Missouri
This step is almost similar to conducting market research, only that in this case, you are bound to your neighborhood and similar houses. Are there lots of homes for sale in your neighborhood here in Clayton, MO? If so, what is the average that they are listing for? Are there lots of foreclosures in your neighborhood? That may drag your property price down.
Asses The Clayton, MO House
As a seller, your home should be in top condition or shape in order to sell at a good price. Identify certain unique characteristics about it and emphasize them during marketing. For example, in Clayton, MO, a property with a drive way parking may be more attractive to buyers compared with one with a garage parking.
Also, does your home require repairs? Does it need to be repainted inside or out? How is the condition of the roof? Is the landscaping in good shape? Is the house outdated at all? (you know, those popcorn ceilings ;-). All of these things can make real estate more attractive or less attractive depending on the buyer, which changes the price they’re willing to pay.
After all of this, come up with an asking price for your Clayton, MO home that is fair, isn’t so high it’ll take you 12 months to sell the house, but is attractive so you get a frenzy of buyers who are ready to purchase it quickly.
Use Photos Or Videos In Missouri
Clayton, MO buyers are obsessed with media. Taking walk-through videos of the house and using the videos to advertise will enable you to reach a wider market. In fact, these videos are considered more transparent than taking photos. However, this should not stop you from using the latter option since it is more affordable compared to the video.
So take some great pictures. Take a picture of every room in the property that helps show it off. Take a picture of the home from the outside in a few different angles people want to see the real estate before they ever show up to see it. So having great pictures of your house online could be the difference between getting the right buyer quickly and waiting months and months to sell.
Get Your MO House “Listed” On The Local MLS And Market It
You can find no or low fee real estate brokers these days who will charge you a few hundred bucks to put your home on the local Clayton, MO MLS. This gets your property in front of all of the real estate agents quickly (so be prepared to pay those “buyers” agents a 2-3% buyers broker fee if you plan to have their support in helping you find a buyer. Place ads in the local newspaper signs on the roads, and hold an open house.
All Of This Sound Like A Lot Of Work To Sell Your Clayton, MO House Fast Yourself?
It can be. And in the end, many Clayton, MO home sellers think they’re saving money and time by marketing the property themselves when in the end it costs them more money to go that route. When you sell your own house here are some things you need to consider…
- If you’re not a good marketer or aren’t ready to spend a bunch of time marketing your property right, selling it yourself may not be your best bet
- If you don’t do a good job preparing the house and the marketing materials and working with buyers to really build the value of your real estate in their minds, you may actually sell the property for 3-8% less than you may get for the same home an experienced person marketed the house for you
- Too many sellers never think about holding costs or opportunity costs every month that your house doesn’t sell means another mortgage payment, tax payment, insurance, utilities, etc. If your mortgage payment is $1,500/mo, and $1,300 of that is interesting if it takes you 7 months to sell the home that cost you an extra $9,100 (not to mention taxes and insurance you paid during that time). So, if you were able to sell that property more quickly, would it make sense for you to provide a buyer a discounted price today so you can close quickly and move on? Something to think about.
Sell My House In Clayton, MO
If you’d rather not put up the hassle of trying to sell your house in St. Louis yourself and would rather just sell it quickly for a fair price without paying any commissions or fees, here at Chris Buys Homes in St. Louis we actually purchase local Clayton, MO properties. We are professional Missouri home buyers.
We’d love to make you a fair, NO OBLIGATION and NO HASSLE cash offer on your house. We can close quickly (in as little as 7 days if you wanted to), which would save you thousands of dollars vs. trying to sell the property yourself and waiting for months.
Also, when we buy local Clayton, MO homes we do all repairs that are needed (we pay for it ourselves) so you don’t have to worry about that. If you want to see what we can pay for your property, give us a call today at (314) 334-1481 Or Text Us! or just fill out the quick simple form through the link below.