We Buy Houses In Cottleville, Missouri. Selling your home at auction in Cottleville, MO is a growing practice throughout America, because it offers an opportunity to sell your property fast, without paying real estate agent fees, and often for cash for houses in Cottleville.
However, as with all things, there can be downsides to auctioning your home rather than selling it through the traditional real estate sale process with an agent or to a real estate investment firm like Chris Buys Homes in St. Louis.
As local homebuyers in Missouri, we’ll dive together into some of The Do’s And Dont’s Of Auctioning Your House In Cottleville, and surrounding areas and discuss the question of “Is Auctioning Your House A Good Idea In Cottleville, MO?”
Is Auctioning Your House A Good Idea In Cottleville, MO?
If you’re looking at auctioning off your Cottleville, MO home, keep in mind that there are several preparations that you must make before the actual auction starts.
The Do’s In Cottleville
- In order to actually get your property auctioned off, you must first find an auctioneer in Cottleville, MO. There are many auctioneering companies out there today, so do your research before picking one to represent your real estate. One place you can start is your local phone book, a referral, or head over to the National Auctioneers Association website and do a quick search for auctioneers here in our area of MO. Look for those with plenty of experience, and even try attending an auction or two, just to get a feel for how they run things. Make sure to find out the fees that they charge for their services, as they can sometimes run quite high. In some instances they may take up to ten percent of the house cost, greatly reducing the amount of profit that you will receive, sometimes much lower. Or heck, if you don’t want to hire an auctioneer, you can do it yourself. A good auctioneer can really help drive the price of a house up with their skill, but you can run the auction yourself as long as you’re clear about the rules of the auction with bidders, the starting bid price, whether they have to have cash and a deposit at the auction, etc.
- Decide which kind of auction you want to run – Absolute or Reserve? Once you feel that you’ve selected the home auctioneering company in Cottleville, MO that’s best for you, establish which kind of auction you want it to be, absolute or reserve. In absolute auctions, there is no minimum limit that your property must earn in order to be sold. This means that whatever the highest bid may be, is what you’re going to get. Reserve auctions are those that have a minimum limit, and if it doesn’t reach that limit, it doesn’t get sold. Although it seems like a clear choice between the two, don’t assume that reserve auctions are necessarily better. Sometimes if bidders aren’t willing to reach the limit, it will never be sold and you’ll be sitting on a house that you don’t want. Also, auctions that are “no reserve” (or absolute) tend to attract more potential bidders to the auction looking for a great deal and if one of them gets wrapped up in the bidding frenzies, that could mean the difference between selling the property that day and not selling it. Think carefully about making a decision, and try to decide what it is that you want more. If you want to sell your home as quickly as possible in Cottleville, MO, then doing an absolute auction is the quicker option. If not, then perhaps a reserve auction would be more in your goals.
The Dont’s In Missouri
- Don’t leave out any faults about the house from your auction descriptionA really important step in selling your property at auction here in Cottleville, MO is to list all the problems that your property has. Don’t leave out any faults about your home, because if you do the buyers have a right to come after you for any flaws that you didn’t list out before the auction.
- Don’t go into an auction with fantasies of a bidding war erupting, leaving you with an enormous profit. Place a realistic price that you hope to earn, and don’t be too disappointed if your home sells for less than you think it’s worth. You may have an emotional attachment to the house that the people bidding on the property don’t have. Auctioning your real estate in Cottleville, MO may bring in less money than a real estate sale, but it is relatively quick and can spare you the heartache and stress of the more traditional approach.
Why Are You Thinking About Auctioning Your Cottleville, MO House Anyway?
You landed on this article for a reason, auctioning off your home has crossed your mind. It may help you sell your property more quickly, so why not give it a go right? Before you choose to auction off your local house, try another option first. Our company, Chris Buys Homes in St. Louis, purchases Cottleville, MO area homes. We’re not looking to list your property, we’re looking to actually buy it. We’re Missouri home buyers and we purchase Cottleville, MO houses…
- In any condition
- Any part of town and even other parts of Missouri
- ugly homes, pretty properties, houses in great shape, houses that need lots of repairs
- houses with lots of equity and even homes with little or no equity
We’ll pay a fair price, we can close fast (in as little as 7 days), and you won’t have to fix up the property at all. If you’d like to see what we can pay for your home BEFORE you decide to auction it off, reach out to us.
Sell My House In Cottleville, MO
So, Is Auctioning Your House A Good Idea In Cottleville, MO? That’s up to you to decide. But if you want to sell your house in St. Louis directly and see if working with us makes more sense first before you jump into the “auction” world, submit your info below to get started today!
You can call us anytime at (314) 334-1481 or just click the link below and fill out the form on the next page to start the process.
Get A Cash Offer On Your Cottleville, MO Area House Here!
Here’s another great read that we found when writing this article on some more tips and questions you should ask yourself before you auction off your property.